Thursday, July 13, 2017

Clayton Kershaw 2015 Topps Heritage '51 Collection Blue Back Autographs, #'d 05/25: BGS 9.5-10 Auto!

I couldn't be happier concerning the card I get to showcase today. I landed it back in late September of last year as the sole bidder. I got a steal on it (with free shipping to boot) and was able to pay for it entirely through the fruits of selling for the first time ever at a card show. I parted with a Jered Weaver patch as well as two mystery packs I created for the show that included 5 hits. So for the price of 11 hits I had no interest in I was able to land a brand new Clayton Kershaw John Hancock, limited to just 25 copies as the icing on the cardboard cake.


It's a trade I would make 101 times out of 100 opportunities. Fast forward to earlier this year and I sent it off to Beckett in the hopes of a good grade. My hopes were answered when this beauty, numbered 05/25, returned with a gorgeous gold banner as a 9.5-10 AU. I dig the 1951 Topps design as that set is great in and of itself. Thanks again to Penguin for submitting to BGS for me!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card! Gotta love flipping stuff you don't want and turning it into a treasured item in your collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! That's my goal most of the time, it just usually never gets past step 1 haha.

      Delete